Hey, I’m Kat, I’m 27 years old and I’m a freelance beauty writer. I’ve been a writer since I was old enough to think that I could write fairy tales better (I’m no longer entirely convinced about that!), and writing is my life’s passion.
“Felicity” literally emerged out of a random session where I just wrote the first two paragraphs completely out of the blue, with no real idea about where it came from I quite literally just sat down and let my fingers tap away at the keyboard. It appeared to come from no where, and the next thing I knew I had these five friends pieced together in my head.
I’ve always liked writing from lots of different character points of view, because I think it adds a lot of elements to the story. I tend to write this way in most of my pieces. I think writing in this style also allows me to really get into the heads of each character, which I think is really important to make a story have a more emotional feel to it.
I studied Creative Writing and Film & Television Studies at the University of Derby, graduating in 2005 and my Degree just confirmed my passion for writing, and my strong want to make writing my profession.
- To have a novel published
- To grow my business as a freelance beauty writer, working with independent beauty-based companies
- To work for a respected magazine as a Features Writer
- To write beauty and/or entertainment based articles for respected publications including magazines, newspapers and websites
- To never give up on my writing
- To always be a Writer
- My Mum
- J.K. Rowling
- Philip Pullman
- Cassandra Clare
- Suzanne Collins
- Markus Zusak
- Alice Sebold
- Nick Hornby